Green Tea & Cinnamon (Plus)
20 oz Lard
8 oz Coconut Oil
4 oz Olive Oil
1/2 Tbs Cinnamon
4.5 oz Lye
10 oz Water (made this into green tea also)
- I first did an infusion in the oils of green tea, cinnamon sticks, mint, and rosemary. This cooked on a low temperature for 4 hours.
- I then strained the oil, and let it cool to room temperature. I could have had it at a higher temp, but I had things to do so I just left it.
- When I was ready I made the lye solution (green tea & lye). I chose to do the lye in the sink in an ice bath so I wouldn't burn the tea at all. Plus the oils were so low in temp I wanted an easy way to get the lye solution low too.
- Once I was happy with the temperatures of the lye solution and oils (within 10 degrees of each other), I began pouring the lye solution into the oils and mixing with the immersion blender.
- Once at light trace, add the 1/2 tbs of ground cinnamon, mix in well, and place in the mold, wrap it in towels, and let it alone.